Anybody that travels knows there can be times where it gets boring. Its okay to admit it. We love the RV lifestyle, but that doesn’t mean we love sitting in the car for four hours trying to reach our next destination.
One thing that can make that time on the road a little less boring is a good book. Obviously we recommend travel, specifically, RV travel related books. Here are three of our favorites. Make sure you keep reading for number one. You won’t be disappointed.
3. The 2020 Good Sam Travel Guide (Check Price on Amazon) – A respected brand amongst many RV’ers is Good Sam. Good Sam is a club or organization of recreational vehicle owners and the largest organization of RV owners in the world. It is focused upon making RVing safer and more enjoyable, and to save members money through club-endorsed benefits and services. There travel guide comes from information obtained by other RVers, and anybody that knows #RVLife knows its the people that make it so great.
2. The Lost Art of Reading Nature’s Signs (Check Price on Amazon) – There is a big difference between RVing and Camping, and for a large segment of the RV population there can also be a lot of crossover between the two. If you enjoy RV travel, but also enjoy camping or boondocking in the wilderness then this book is for you. It teaches you how to use outdoor clues to find your way if lost when hiking. Also skills on predicting the weather, locating water, tracking animals and other outdoor skills.,
Best RV Travel Book
1. National Geographics 50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do (Check Price on Amazon Here) -There is no shortage of spectacular photography in this book. Not only does it include details on some of the most beautiful scenery in North America, Nat. Geo. also shares tips in the time of year to travel to these amazing locations. They talk about activities in the area so you can make a while trip, or just a short weekend out of many locations. If you need inspiration, there is an abundance in this book.
Travel Books for Kids
If your kids are looking for travel books, make sure you check out this quick list. Our kids have a reputation as being a little nerdy, but this is what they enjoy reading:
- Awesome Engineering Activities for Kids – (Check price on Amazon) – This book will get your 9-12 your old excited about making projects. We love this because they can read about the projects they want to try, and when they get board at the RV park we get them setup to work on it.
- Silly Jokes For Kids – (Check price on Amazon) – If you prefer to keep the mood light on your drive this is a perfect book. The kids read them, pick out their favorites and we see whose joke got the most laughs. This is a great book to pull out before you get too close to your destination. Keeping the mood light makes setup a lot less stressful.
I prefer to listing to Audible from Amazon when driving. If you are a serious RVer, or even a weekend warrior, Audible has amazing value. In addition to RV books, I have enjoyed listing to the following Audible Books recently:
- Crush It – Why Now is the Time to Cash in on your Passion (Check Price on Amazon)
- Profit First – How to transform your business from cash eating to profit making (Check Price on Amazon)
As you can see, being a small business owner is a big part of our life. Which is why we would love for you to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Every new subscriber helps us reach our goal of one day being able to travel full time. RV Life is our passion, and we hope it is your passion too.
If keeping yourself entertained on the road is a problem, and books aren’t the solution, we recommend reading through some of our product reviews. In particular, we get a lot of questions on RV back up cameras and which is best. We hope to see you on the road some day.